Actionable Insights are a new feature available in the TradeLens Shipment Manager that grants easy access and insight into different supply chain activities. At a glance, you’ll be able to see exactly how many planned departures/arrivals in the next days/weeks, how many changes were made to these dates, and much more.
In this article
Purpose & Background for Actionable Insights
Actionable Insights are purpose-fit functionality for your organization to get a quick overview of the ongoing supply chain activities that might require your action. No need to repetitively run search queries and counts to find standard metrics - key results will now be shown on the homepage of the Shipment Manager and will be customizable for your future needs.
The Actionable Insights feature is in beta and will incrementally be enhanced with additional metrics and scenarios. We would like your feedback to better understand the insights that are important to you! Find the feedback link here.
What can you do with Actionable Insights?
Located on the Shipment Manager’s home page, you will see a collection of search results from business-relevant activities and scenarios. These default views display your consignments with:
- Cargo cutoff in the next 3 days
- Planned departure at origin in the next 5 days
- Planned arrival at destination in the next 5 days
- ETA changes of up to 3 days that were received in the last 7 days
- New consignments created in the last 7 days
By clicking on each of the scenarios, you will open a table view of the consignments that belong to that respective query. In this table view, you can deep-dive by filtering, sorting, and changing the information shown in the columns. You can also download the results in a CSV file based on the view given by sorting the columns.
What’s next in Actionable Insights?
Some of the basic scenarios are already available as noted above. Some of the new scenarios under development are:
- Reporting on containers (Transport Equipment)
- Change the search time period for the events, e.g. planned arrivals in the next 5 weeks
- Filter and save activities by location, e.g. planned arrivals in Rotterdam in the next 5 weeks
- Organize Actionable insights
- Mobile support: view Actionable insights on all devices
The Actionable Insights are currently in a beta version and future features will be added over time. We would appreciate your feedback on what scenarios, filters, and suggestions you have to best optimize this feature! Suggest your ideas here.